Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I am writing to ask what I should do first when I apply for the A-kasser. Shall I register in the first or register in the A-kasser first?
in Dagpenge by

1 Answer

0 votes

thank you for your question.
what you should do first depending on what you do at the moment.
If you are studying you should apply for free membership. Se more:
If you are working you should also apply for (paid) membership, you must be member for at least one year before you are eligile
for unemployment benefits.
If you do not have work and is not yet member of A-kasse then you should contact Jobcenter to get "kontanthjælp".

Normally you should first consider register at the Jobcenter when you get unemployed.

Best regards
by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users