Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes

I was born and have been living in the EU all my life. Currently, I am studying in Denmark for my second year of masters, which I will finish in June. How do I prove the new residence requirement (5 out of 12 years)?
in A-kasse for graduates by (160 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

your A-kasse will ask the authorities in the other(s) EU-countries where you have lived, and will get the information from them about the years you have lived there.

However the A-kasse needs your accept to make this request. They will ask you to accept that they can request this information, when you apply for Unemployment benefits ("dagpenge").

Stay in other EU-countries can also be proved in other ways, fo instance by tenant-agreements etc. But the point of start will be the above mentioned.

Best regards,
by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users