Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I am a researcher in Denmark (AAU), my contract will finish after two years of work. Will I be eligible to get unemployement benefits if needed after 1 year of being a member? Or do I need to work for at least 3 years beforehand?
in Dagpenge by (1.3k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
to be eligible for unemployment benefits you must have been member for at least one year.
And also you must have had nomal paid work (I think you have) for at least 1924 hours during the last 3 years.
Only working hours during membership period is counted.

So as a rule: If you have had fulltime job for the last year and have been of a a-kasse also for the last year you will fulfill the conditions.

by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users