menu search
I am a non-EU citizen PhD flew at Aalborg University, as an employee.
I newly extended my residence and work permit until October 14th, plus six months. The granted permit is limited work permit.
Concerning about an unemployment, if I didn't find a job, will I receive benefits from A-KASSER?
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

1 Answer


I assume you get salary as an employee.
If so you should use the rules for employess regarding your righst to get unemployment benefits.
You can see what the rules are here:
The most important is:
"To be entitled to unemployment benefits when you become unemployed, you must have had at least 52 weeks (1.924 hours) of work within the last three years and been a member of an unemployment fund (A-kasse) for at least one year.

You dont write if you have been member within an A-kasse for at least 1 year?

That you are non-EU citizen does not mean that you can not get benefits.
See here:

The point of departure is that a person who physically exclusively performs his/her job functions in Denmark is comprised by Danish social security rules=
Are entitled to Unemployment benefits if you meet the conditions mentioned above.

Best regards
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse