Campaigns, tips and useful links

We examine the market for current good offers.

There is fierce competition on the market for A-kasse and trade unions. At the same time, in recent years there have been additional opportunities to purchase various "additional services" to the traditional insurance against unemployment benefits (A-kasse membership) or the normal trade union membership.
This can e.g. revolve around "supplementary salary insurance", insurances, and cheap legal help (as an alternative to a trade union).

In addition, the A-kasser that also offer a trade union, in connection with their trade union, offer a number of discounts, cheap holiday homes, access to events, cultural and sports events etc.

Due to this development, it is becoming more and more common for the A-kasser or trade unions to run campaigns or special offers, and we show below the offers that we currently consider are the best for employees, self-employed and students respectively.

Before you register by clicking on the link/logo in connection with our review of the campaign, you must ensure that you can be admitted to the A-kasse or the trade union.
In our overview of all A-kasser you can see if you can become a member.
Furthermore, it is your own responsibility to check that the campaign offers are still valid on the day you sign up.

Promotional offer last updated 2 January 2023.

Good offers for employees

Det Faglige Hus: Denmark's cheapest A-kasse with union for DKK 554/month.

Det Faglige Hus is a popular choice if you want a "cheap package solution". Become a member of both trade union and A-kasse and get free trade union membership for 3 months. After that the price is DKK 554/month
Det Faglige Hus offers good value for money.
Sign Up for "Det Faglige Hus" online

ASE: Get free union for the first 6 months

Right now you get FREE trade union for 6 months when you buy A-kasse and trade union.
ASE A-kasse - klik for at blive medlem
Sign Up for ASE online

Good offers for students

Remember to choose the "Student" membership type, when signing up at the A-kasse website.

ASE: Get free union for the first 6 months + Free A-kasse

If you are a student, in addition to free A-kasse, right now you also get free trade union membership for 6 months.
ASE A-kasse - klik for at blive medlem
Sign Up for ASE online

3F Student member: Get free A-kasse and trade union

As a student, you can become a member of 3F for free with a 3F-Study membership if you receive SU and have a student job in a 3F industry. This can be, for example, a waiter, dishwasher, kitchen worker, cleaner, warehouse worker, driver and much more.
In addition to free help from 3F's professional experts, a 3F-Study membership provides, among other things, free entry and companion discount to all matches in the 3F Superliga, as well as the Pluskort, which gives discounts to more than 1,300 shops and webshops in Denmark.
3F A-kasse - klik for at blive medlem
Sign Up for 3F online

Good offer for the self-employed

Try Selvstæ from ASE for free for 3 months

With a Selvstæ subscription, you get help from top professional specialists to realize your ideas and dreams - regardless of the size of your business.
Selvstæ is a product ASE offers self-employed people in addition to A-kasse and their basic legal help "HR Law".
ASE A-kasse - klik for at blive medlem
Sign Up for ASE online

Useful links

Main topics about A-kasse

Transferring periods of work and insurance from another EEA CountryAs an EU citizen you can transfer acquired rights from Unemployment Insurance between EU contries. Be aware that there are some requirements and deadlines that are important to meet. And you have to use a PD U1 Form. Read more here..
Transferring unemployment benefitsUnder certain conditions you can go to another EU country to look for work and continue to receive your unemployment benefits from the country where you became unemployed. And you have to use a PD U2 Form. Read more here..
Unemployment benefits ("dagpenge")Remember you have to be member of an A-kasse for 1 year before you can claim Unemployment benefits ("dagpenge"). And you must meet the income-requirement. Read more here..
International graduatesGraduates in Denmark can get Unemployment benefits from the first day after graduation, if they have been member as student of an A-kasse for at least 1 year. Read more...
Residence CardIf you are a non-EU citizen you must have a residence Card which allows you to take any job with one day notice. This is because you must be available for the labor market for being eligible for unemployment benefits ("dagpenge").
Membership fee and taxYou will automatically get a deduction in your tax for your fee to the A-kasse and trade union. There is no ceiling on the amount you can get a deduction for when it comes to contributions to A-kasse, whereas you can get a maximum deduction of DKK 6,000 for a trade union.